Friday, January 13, 2006

Starting Over

So I cleared the posts from this blog, and decided to start over. See, I decided I needed a sort of everyday-my life-everything blog, you know, a bloggy blog. I sure don't need yet another blog, so I converted this one. I figure scrapbooking is a pretty good sized chunk of my everyday life, so it fit well. Plus, by some odd twist of fate, I figured out how to scan my layouts, finally, which makes for much better images than the pictures of pages that were here. Unfortunately, this whole scanning and stitching thing takes an interminably long time. I mean, really, like bring-a-book-to-read-or-sudoku-to-work-on-dentist's-waiting-room long time.

So y'all will only get a couple scrapbook pages per post. Let me just explain this to you. I have to scan one side of the layout, then scan the other. This has never been fast for me. Then, I have to flip one of the scans, since one is always upside down. Then I hit the magical "put 'em together" button, and wait. (yes, I really just have to hit one button, and it took a book with the words "For Dummies" in the title for me to figure this out... *sigh*) AND wait. The little bar at the bottom of my screen says interesting things at this point, like "transform" and "Photomerge", but it gets boring to watch after approximately 1.2 seconds. Next, I have to approve the newly put together image in the Photomerge window. Then, I go back to the editing window... the bar says some new things at this point, like "advanced blending" and the really scary one - "erasing hole". Then I have to clean up the edges, and save the whole thing. The upside is, I've decided to scan in ALL my completed pages, so you get to see even the ridiculous pages from my humble beginnings as a scrapper. Plus, you get the joy of reading non-scrapping related posts from time to time.

So, I've decided to start this whole scanning process with Kayla's book (it's not got many pages, see) so here are the pages for the day.




So, I was going to treat you to more of my life today, but my husband has just returned home with a Pirates of the Carribean DVD to replace the one I rolled over with my chair, and since I have now been without this movie for almost a week, I feel the need to go watch it. So, tomorrow perhaps. :)

note: every single paragraph in this post starts with the word "so". Guess I need to work on that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that I was starting a lot of my sentences with "so" as well, I even went and took a bunch out LOL. Great pages!!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yay for "new" blogs!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

From one fellow "SO" lover to another ... GREAT new BLOG!!! :)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLLY!!! You are so darn cool...and crafty!! It's nice to see these pages!!! Love Ana

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home