Sunday, January 15, 2006

What I suddenly do most nights

On my preferred scrapbooking message boards, it's apparent that if you scrap, you blog. Hence why what you are reading even exists, cause I don't ever want to be left out of anything. One night, bored as usual and not in the mood for online poker and beer (imagine! oh, and the beer would NOT be so online as the poker...) I decided to just start clicking on some of those bloggy blog links in people's message board signatures. Lo and behold, each of these bloggy blogs had even more links to even more scrapper blogs, (like I do, over to your right, see?) which I have dubbed "scra-blogs". Of course, I started clicking on those too, cause if they're interesting enough for other people to read, why not me, right? Now I have created what I have dubbed "the scra-blog chain". I click on one, then click on one of the links there, and then one of the links there, and on and on and on.... then I discovered that with my new super improved computer I can both scan layouts AND follow the scra-blog chain AT THE SAME TIME. This, my friends, is what I suddenly do every night. Well, most nights, those nights that Todd is working. When I am not in the mood for online poker and beer. I've found new blogs that I now go to daily. I'm going to run out of time for anything else, so I'd better stop now. One blog that I won't stop visiting is Karen Burniston's - check it out. I think I may have cropped with Karen a time or two, many years ago, I seem to remember standing in someone's kitchen chatting with her, but that is completely beside the point and it could have been someone else entirely. Karen is funny. She's a pretty well known name in the scrapper world. She likes the Princess Bride and Emperor's New Groove. (the name of her blog is "I am not left-handed" - which makes me think she knows something that I do not know) And although she didn't say it herself, she is completely and utterly responsible for my new favorite phrase, "the internet won't surf itself". Karen will be at my new favorite scrapbook store ever, Simple Pleasures, sometime next month, and I may just have to make the hour long drive to go say hi and thank her for the many entertaining minutes I have spent reading her posts.
I know I said I could now scan layouts at the speed of light and all, but that's really only if I sit down and do it. It being football weekend and all around here, I didn't do much, but I'll show you what I do have. Without further ado, let me introduce you to....
The Pages of the Day!




















This is the one I have done as a graduation present for Kaitlyn. It would be the first page I have actually finished in, I don't know, 2 years. Hopefully Kait isn't reading this right now... if so, uh, happy graduation, sweets! :)






















I personally love this picture of Kayla with her little hospital blanket and hospital hat and hospital binky. And even with tubes and things all over her, I think she's pretty cute. But then I'm her mom.






















It's obvious she does NOT get her cuteness from me. I will say the orange hair was after stage one of a two stage wildhairupmyass idea to go blonde - she was 7 weeks early, I was on partial bedrest, how was I to know I would not only have to leave the house but for something that required I be in pictures? A few days later I dyed it all superblack and they almost didn't let me in the NICU cause no one recognized me.





















This would be one of those pages that I look at and cringe. SO could redo it right now. But I have decided never ever to redo any pages cause that's all I would ever do and I am 5 years behind as it is. Outfit is really, really, really cute though.

Ok, that's it for now, kids. I plan to do my best to update this thing every other day or so, I'll also do my best to say it's updated in my RMH and DS sigs. :) Thanks for stoppin' by, please leave comments, that's what that button is for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I searched for 3 weeks one time for some un-do because I was going to redo all of my pages... And I then I decided that I wouldn't redo ANY pages because that's who I was at the time!! Glad to see another non-un-do-er!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool pages. Makes me look like a total hacker. I guess I'm just here for Tech Support! ;)

BTW, never undo a page!!!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Heather - this is why I have undo. Not that it hasn't come in handy getting pics out of my grandmother's photo albums, but I only had it in the house because of my grand redo the books plan.
Kerri - your pages are good too. You're not JUST tech support. :) But your tech support rocks.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home