Friday, June 02, 2006

Blame LaRelle.

Ok, I know I promised that I would do pictures next and all, but then Relle had to go do this 80's song list, which was REALLY missing some things, so I am doing one of my own. In fact, I am going to end up doing several of my own, I think - this one would be the "rock" version. I actually had to like look things up too, to make sure some of these made it into the 80's - apparently both 1979 and 1990 were the years some of my favorite songs came out. *sigh* But, I found some good ones. So sit on back and enjoy rock songs from a better time, before everyone moved to Seattle, cut their hair, gave up the eyeliner, got really depressed, and stopped showering. :) Oh, and these are in alphabetical order, cause it's too hard to rank them really.

1. 32 Pennies - Warrant
2. Angel - Aerosmith
3. Beth - Kiss (I can count this as 80's by using the Eric Carr version, see)
4. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
5. Don't Treat Me Bad - Firehouse
6. Fade To Black - Metallica
7. Hand Over Fist - Rush
8. Heaven's On Fire - Kiss
9. Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue
10. If You Want My Love - Cheap Trick (note here, I think they are from there, but at any rate, their next album comes out in a few days and is called "Rockford". I found that amusing.)
11. Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi
12. Little Guitars - Van Halen
13. Looking For Love - Ratt
14. Love Me - Tesla
15. Rock of Ages - Def Leppard
16. Scared - Dangerous Toys
17. Still Of The Night - Whitesnake
18. Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns N Roses
19. Under Pressure - Queen
20. Want Some, Need Some - Poison
21. Yankee Rose - David Lee Roth
22. Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row

Yes, I know there are 22. If it makes you happy, when I do my pop and country top 20 80's lists, they will have 22 songs also. But what was I supposed to take out, really? I know there are 2 Kiss songs, but dang, they are both good. (And one Aerosmith song, but those 2 albums they did in the 80's - NOT my favorite.) In fact, I could add 3 more and do a top 25. Here you go... Paradise City - Guns N Roses, The Other Side - Aerosmith, and You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi. Taadaa! Comments encouraged!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just remembered Sweet Child of Mine and put it in my comments! That's a great song.
And crap, I forgot about Under Pressure from Queen and David Bowie.
See, there really is no point in my doing "Top" lists because I just love all music.
and yet I'll probably do more.
Thanks for sharing Holly!! :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

what great memories!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You Give Love a Bad Name belongs on that list for sure! :)

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note on Cheap Trick: They are from my hometown Rockford... that's probably where that name came from :)

Their concerts are VERY in demand around here.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More thoughts: The 80's weren't kind to Aerosmith... that's for sure.

But yea, Bon Jovi...

This would be almost an impossible list. There are tons of songs that I loved "at the time" that I probably don't care about now.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

And I thought I'd come here and see pictures. :(

;)

Oh to be young and in the 80's again!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home