Saturday, March 25, 2006

The post I didn't want to make

I seem to have hideous problems every time I try to post pictures here, so I have been putting off posting these entries to the big scrap contest. But, I said I would do it, and I have nothing better to do really, so here they are.

This first one was for the assignment: Use your best candid photo in a layout. She still steals sunglasses right off people's heads, by the way.

This was one of the freebies - basically it said send us 4 of your favorite layouts. So, favorite number one. The journaling is a true story, too. She's funny. In that scary kind of way.

Favorite number 2 - can you tell I like this picture some? I seem to have made like 14 different pages with it so far. I can't help it, he never holds still for the camera, let alone smiles. I have to take what I can get and run with it.

This was for the assignment: Use something non-scrap related for inspiration to make a page. Here is the photo I used for inspiration:

This one said something like use patterned paper, rub-ons, and ribbon on a page. So I did.


Favorite number 3. This thing took forever, and would have taken me like an hour instead of 20 had I done it digitally. Live and learn.

This was for the journaling assignment, which was meant for us to all make a page about something we didn't want to make a page about, I think. This one was digital.

Favorite number 4. This one was really fast.

This one I didn't actually send in, although I made it for the assignment of using 10 or more pictures, journaling, and a title on one layout. I didn't send it in because I didn't take any of these pictures (maybe the one of Traci, not sure) and they were pretty specific about using pictures you had taken yourself. Unless they were of yourself. Anyway. I just put it here so y'all could see it. It's digital too.

This is the one I sent in instead, except I outlined all the pictures in red, and changed the big silver ribbon to a smaller red one. For some reason I can't find the scan of the improved page, but you get the idea.

The last one was to make something that wasn't a page using scrap supplies, which I did, and did really well, if I do say so myself. I am not posting those pictures because it was meant to be a present for my stepmom, and I haven't mailed it yet, so I don't want her to see it here before she sees it live. So I'll post those sometime after I actually mail it to her. :)

Other stuff...
I seem to be having issues with getting songs stuck in my head lately. This generally only happens to me during American Idol season, and is usually some horrible rendition of a song I like that some horrible contestant mangled on the show. So, in the interest of fun games to play, I've decided to make you all post comments about your favorite music stuff, and use the American Idol themes of the week for it. If you read and don't post, buck up and register, it only takes a second and you don't really have to make your own blog. Then post, cause I said so. ;) SO this week we have 2 topics since I am starting 2 weeks into the show. The first week was Stevie Wonder songs - what's your favorite? I love Stevie Wonder, so I have a hard time deciding, but I think mine is Overjoyed. Which is a really hard song to sing, and if you don't think so, just try it next time you hit karaoke. Last week was songs from the 50's - I don't feel like looking things up to see when some songs first came out, so I will use one that was on the show that is one of my favorites - In the Still of the Night. Next week is songs from the 21st century, so get thinkin' about your favorites from the last 5 years and 3 months.

If you like American Idol (and who doesn't?) and country music check out Nashville Star on the USA network. Hosted by Wynnona, it's like Country Idol, but as an added twist, these people are expected to write their own music too. Which means a bit higher class of performers.

Anyone who wants 10 years and 5 cabinets worth of scrapping supplies, make me an offer. Most of my stuff is getting scanned and sold in the next few months, hopefully before I move so I don't have to move it. I have tons, and no list to speak of so if there is something in particular you need, email me and I probably have it. (Monica, you are still getting the stuff promised you for the cost of shipping only, I am waiting on some boxes to put it in.) The only things I am keeping are my basic tools and probably some of the stamps, although I don't use those much anymore anyway. I am officially going digital. First come first served, if you want to wait until I get it up on ebay with pictures, let me know and I'll email you when it happens.

Seems like there was something else, but I don't know what, so I will post it next time assuming I remember.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures Holly!! You're so creative!

Me likey your new game. :)
Stevie Wonder is awesome, and I love a lot of his songs....but I'm going to say my favorite is probably Part Time Lover.
Favorite 50s song is a very broad catergory....it's hard to choose just one. I'm not sure that this is my ultimate favorite of the 50s, but it's a darn good song....At Last by Etta James. :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Somehow I knew you would like the game ;) 50's is a broad category, I like the one you picked. I like most anything that most people immediately think of when you say 50's music, though... anything with "shoo wop doo woobie doo" in it is fine. :) Even next weeks is a broad category, I mean 5 + years of songs. Maybe I should refine the game some.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know my favorite 60s song. :) Actually it's my favorite all time song.
refining the rules might be in order.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great Layouts! I can't believe you're going ALL digital!! What a HUGE step!!

Your game: 50's song is At Last... Ahhhh.... It's the BEST! Stevie Wonder ... I love I just called to Say I love you -- No idea why...

8:19 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I don't watch American Idol. I know, I'm one of the few. :embarassed:

Love your layouts though. You always seem to get the most beautiful/perfect pictures when you take them.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't really watch it either, Traci. I've seen like 2 episodes this season, just because I happened to be in the room.
Lost is another story. ;)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I am also at the no-Idol table. I watched year 1, and that's that. (same w/ Survivor).

The circle of friends page is adorable!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Larilyn said...

I watch Idol when I'm at home, but it's not a if-I-miss-it-I-will-die type of situation.

As for music, For Once in My Life is my favorite Stevie Wonder song, and my fav. 50's song is Unchained Melody.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idol: No

Pictures: Seen 'em ;)

Favorite: Well the one with me

Vacation: Wish you were here!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home