Saturday, April 15, 2006

How does this happen?

How does it get to be like a whole week before I post anything here? It seems like I did it just the other day. In the interest of not getting those comments that say "When are we getting an update?", here is an update.

Moving - yes, we are. Officially, I suppose, starting tomorrow, when I take the first load of stuff to sunporch and stash it in the garage on the way up to Denver to have Easter brunch. Things concerning moving that I am doing now... packing some things here and there, a lot of thinking about where said things are going to end up, designging area rugs that aren't really area rugs but giant pieces of painted canvas, designing a new kitchen table, reviewing vaccuum cleaners, cleaning the walls and baseboards here, checking into the terribly complicated new school district, and getting a dumpster. And that's on top of making lists of more things to think about and do, and really, all of that is just what I am doing today. Moving sucks. Well, the process sucks, but thank you to whichever higher power is getting me the hell out of Pueblo West.

Kayla's arm - seems to be fine. We went to the doctor on Wednesday, waited an hour and a half for a 2 minute x ray and a 3 minute "she's doing fine, bring her back in two weeks" statement from the surgeon, and we will be going back in... 2 weeks. :) Still no school for her until she has a real cast.

Scrapbooking - on hold for the moment as I am using the PSE3 to design all that stuff up top. My Stampin Up sets are on ebay as we speak (well, about a quarter of the ones I am getting rid of are) so I have started the great Paper Purge, as I have decided to call it. I have gone through the list for my circle journal and picked out supplies for what all I still have coming there, so that I won't have to deal with asking people if it's ok if I do digital layouts for their books. Have a photo swap that is due today that I have yet to scan, but at least it's done. Must say, doing a few digital layouts, doing the paper ones is a complete pain now. Have todrag out all this stuff, and put it all away, and there is no Undo. I really, really like Undo. I like changing colors with a slider almost as much, but not quite.

Charlie - almost done with school. I think two or three more weeks. The goal is to have him done by moving day so we can just not worry about it. If I am lucky, someone will give me a list of all the stuff I have to send back to k12 by then too, so I don't have to move it just to mail it. He's working like a dog, I must say, to get it done. I told him he w0uld have the whole summer to not do anything if he finished and he is one motivated kid. :)

Ok, I think that's it. I have a whole list of blogworthy topics for when my life calms down some. Which should be around 2020, when Kayla goes off to college. :)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the plan for Charlie's school when you move? Are you still doing the homeschooling, but it's not really homeschooling thing? Or are you going to see what schools they have there?

Why does Kayla not have a real cast yet? I've never broken a bone, I assumed they put it in a cast when you broke it.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

He's going back to school. And I don't know, something about the swelling, they want to make sure it goes down before they cast it, or else when it does go down, she could get the cast off, I guess.

3:19 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Good luck, have fun, we can't wait to see pictures when you get things all settled into SunPorch! Moving is a pain no doubt!! But it's all so nice when you're finally in and settled, sit back and say ahhh..... home.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Moving is a pain! But it will be worth it! :) Good luck with everything and good luck to Charlie on finishing up his school work.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S U N P O R C H !

5:16 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Holly, forget updating the blog and enjoy the fact that you are moving! Sure I know the packing is a pain, trust me I moved 3 times in one year once, but once you get settled you'll be a happy little online scrapper and blogging camper.

Good luck!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quit blogging???

Holly is a multi-tasker ;)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Time to hit ebay!!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

The process of moving does suck doesn't it. Hope it goes well and swiftly!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what time did the dish man show up?

you know... you should update. I know you're busy... but if you're looking for a way to procastinate packing, you could update :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Larilyn said...

Another procrastination tool? Take a few minutes break and come out to CA. I'll help you relax. :-D ;)

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First thing you do when you get to SUNPORCH! Unpack the friggin computer and update us with all things Hollyann!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.otherchanel.com][img]http://www.otherchanel.com/images/banners/chanel_purses.jpg alt="chanel outlet" title="otherchanel.com"[/img][/url]

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home