Thursday, May 11, 2006

Things I've learned in the past month...

1. If you are taking apart a big file cabinet, don't take the bottom drawer out first. Especially if the top drawer still has stuff in it.

2. It's easy to throw away toys if you don't have kids there telling you it's their favorite thing ever that they haven't touched in two years.

3. The Italian cream sodas are superyummy in Canon City at Coyote's Coffee Den.

4. It's really nice to be able to go buy all new kitchen and bathroom stuff.

5. Even nicer if you get fun stuff like cell phones too.

6. It is possible to do 17 loads of laundry in one day.

7. You can get used boxes at the truck rental places.

8. I can tote heavy boxes up the stairs and to the garage, or heavy bags of trash up the stairs and out to the dumpster from the basement for about 20 minutes before I start feeling like I am going to pass out.

9. I am really out of shape.

10. Icy Hot back patches are the greatest invention since the wheel.

11. I am too old to go out drinking till 2am. In fact, I am just old enough to go out drinking till 930 or so.

12. My dad is going to Italy.

13. My stepmom has unlimited energy for playing with my kids.

14. My mother in law is a saint.

15. My mom has a twisted view on some things, but only because she is one of the kindest people I know, and takes everyone's plights on as her own.

16. It's possible for everone in America to assume one person is going to win American Idol, and then for that person to be voted out, because we all assumed he didn't need our votes to stay in.

17. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, Tivo just doesn't record things, and you have to figure out who was eliminated from Amazing Race by watching commercials for next week.

18. If you call and tell Directv that your Tivo didn't work for some reason, they won't let you have the west coast feed of CBS just cause you're pissed - even for an hour.

19. Only the most organized of people would be blogging instead of packing 2 days before they move.

20. I am not the most organized of people so I must go pack. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

I like your list Holly!

Now get back to the packing!! LOL

11:06 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Happy Packing!
I can only imagine how this list will grow with the actual move!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) Holly made me laugh. :)

Good luck with finishing up the move!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Larilyn said...

And in case you haven't figured it out yet, MoJo got kicked off of the Amazing Race this week. ;)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my first post was eaten by blogger - grrrrr

1. duh. Tech support would have told you that.

2. what's this 'don't have kids there' thing you talk of?

4. That sounds so fun!

6. This I don't even want to know!

8. sounds painful.

9. Well don't get in shape the rest of us will feel like slackers.

10. I LOVE those.

11. Slacker. Karaoke doesn't even START til 9:30... how are you going to keep up?

12. Can we all go?

15. Your mom. LOL. I still am going to Frame Todd's email.

16. I didn't vote.
I also don't care :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home