Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Guess what?

My kid's autistic. ;) Yep, we have an official medical diagnosis now. It says like this: He meets the criteria for autism and has made good academic and language progress in the last couple of years. He continues to have poor social skills and eye contact. He is hyperlexic and likes numbers. Also has continued motor delays and incoordination, including articulation. Sensory modulation issues remain and he is quite active, and has a sleeping disorder. Gee, who woulda guessed? :) That there took 6 pages to say, and there are some reccomendations including going back to normal school, getting an extra 200 calories into him a day, trying melatonin for sleeping, and some lab tests for fragile x and various amino acids or something. So there ya go. I'll keep you updated on all that as it happens. Right now both kids are at grandma's for spring break, so I can't implement any of the above. Yay me! ;)

Other news: I did not win the big scrap contest. Nor did I get honorable mention. However, this is just fine with me. I was, however, chosen as "layout of the day" at www.createmykeepsake.com for the stunning crazy cute digital layout of Kayla, which I am pretty sure y'all have already seen. I'll post up my entry from the big contest soon, now that I can, in the meantime here is my latest digital creation. In other other news, I have the "Della and the Dealer" song playing on Fred right now and I have just realized that it has played about 17 times in a row, because I have been typing and not paying attention. Which means my "most played" thingy is gonna be kinda messed up, but oh well. It's a groovy song, at least.

I really don't have a bunch to say, which is odd since it has been a while since I posted. I'm gonna go play some online poker now, in preparation for playing a live game later. See how effectively and productively I am using my time without children? ;)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time without Children.. Explain me this... It's like "Tivo" I don't get it!! ;)

Cool Kayla layout!!

Yesterday I figured a big plus to digital layouts: I did Mitchel's "Ride Buddies" page. One is a pic of him and Cindy the other him and Kelley, (when he met each of them, they had to be his ride buddy for every ride, it was cute). So I get the whole thing about done, and realize I don't have enough black letters to spell RIDE BUDDIES. And I can't print it on the card stock, cause I had to cut the space in a funky shape and I'd already attached it yadda yadda yadda. Then I was thinking.. if this was digital I'd never run out of letters ;)

But I have sooo many scrapping supplies to use up. Plus scrapping has always been my "but I'm not on the computer hobby"

7:19 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I love those colors Holly!!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cool deal on layout of the day!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Wow, it took 5 years for a medical professional to tell you what you already knew. I do hope the Melatonin works for him though.

What's up with these kids and people who suffer from insomnia? If I had the time, I'd sleep my life away. :D

I love the digital scrap book. Now maybe just maybe I could get into something like that?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

*gasp* did Traci just say she might scrapbook? Everyone grab your ice skates, Hell's rink just opened. ;)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, and I just gave up skating!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Burn me a copy of your scrapbook software, mail it to me, and I'll try one. Just one though. LOL!

And watch out for that hole in the ice!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tablets presley rock librarystuff bolivia important selecting basedminimum responds alsu khushbooec
lolikneri havaqatsu

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home