Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Who Knew?

I've found the secret to making the house cool in the summer when you have no air conditioning. And, apparently, how to rid same house of bugs. It is....

LET YOUR 4 YEAR OLD COOK HER OWN PIZZA IN THE MICROWAVE.

Because, even though she has done this a gazillion times with you carefully watching over her to make sure that the only button pushed is the "one minute" button, she will choose this time that you are not carefully watching over her to push as many buttons as possible. And since you are terribly busy playing Sudoku online, you won't notice this until the kitchen fills with smoke and you hear a small voice saying "um. mommy. there's a lot of smokeys in here, and my pizza is black." After that, you will throw all of the windows in the house wide open, turn on every single fan, and PRESTO! Cool house. Then when you spray the lovely lilac scented air freshener all over in an attempt to get rid of the burnt pizza smell, and succeed in creating an entirely new fragrance known as burnt lilacs, the bugs will leave in disgust... or simply drop over dead, as one fly did.

And now, I am off to go to bed in my wonderfully cool if oddly scented home. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

LOL~ Try Hawaiian Breeze scent next time, I'm telling ya..it's heavenly...even mixed with burnt pizza I'm sure!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

Nat, do not buy the portable, it will not work, been there done that.

I'm glad my son can't reach the buttons on the microwave yet. LOL!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you are keeping busy playing Sudoku online Holly. lol :)

that's a great story though....as un-funny as it may have been at the time.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of burnt lilac in the morning

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home